Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Housewife Chronicles - Day 5

DAY 5 – February 27, 2007

 

I woke up to a text message from Cecille asking me if I will be at my grandfather’s wake this evening. She wanted to drop by and offer her condolences to me and my mom.

 

Today is supposed to be gym day but this “katamaran” is quickly becoming a way of life so again, it was put off. Cecille’s visit being a very covenient excuse.

 

However, my 2 big piles of laundry finally attacked my obsessive compulsive tendencies and I found myself growing stressed seeing it in my peripheral vision (plus, my husband and I were running out of clean and pressed clothes). Today will be ironing day.

 

I started after my brunch of bacon and eggs. Two hours into it and I still wasn’t done yet. My running maximum record of ironing time is an hour and a half. Two hours and major self pity was setting in.

 

I finished after about 3 hours of ironing. A major feat for me. So I guess this is how my accomplishments will be measured from now on.

 

A friend called as I was about to get ready to go to the wake. This was a welcome relief since my spirits were very low after all that ironing and I was beginning to miss opening my mouth and having sound come out, being alone at home all day. My husband is a quiet man and I don’t get to talk much anymore.

No comments: