Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Who would have thought?

Consider me weird but I actually miss the days when I did housework. (OMG! the world IS ending!!!)

It all started last Saturday, when I woke up and found my house clean, the trash taken out, and breakfast ready. Though I was expecting it since we got our housekeeper, it felt weird. Because that was my Saturday routine: wake up, take out the trash, clean the house, prepare breakfast, wash dishes, prepare lunch, wash dishes, do laundry. Mundane though it was, it filled my Saturdays. Last Saturday found me at 9AM with nothing to do.

I waited for MG to wake up (which was around 11AM). We then had lunch (that our housekeeper prepared) and settled in the living room to watch TV (while our housekeeper did the lunch dishes before she left for her weekend off)... all afternoon! I was bored out of my head. I would have appreciated the help about a year ago when I was managing a small business and killing myself maintaining a household and a regular job at the same time. But now, when I can hardly go out, I realize I'm beginning to miss the mundane.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Janelle, why don't you come and clean my house? =)

Janelle said...

Joyce, I don't miss it that much. haha!

Riotikz said...

oh i wish i could get a bit of help here! kahit cleaning lang ng toilets etc and vacuuming!!!oh and laundry... saka and never ending dishes! (sounds like lahat lahat na ano?) kahit not on a daily basis... basta once a week man lang. *sighs*

Janelle said...

Hahaha, ganyan yung una ko hinanap before... for weekend cleaning lang. But when I was computing, it was going to cost me more than live-in househelp :)