Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tales of the Bored - Day 5

The Quest to become the most boring person within my zip code… in 32 days or less!

June 3, 2009 (Wednesday)

The day started out like any normal working day for me. I woke up later than I usually would have which means I had breakfast late… and I took my medicine late. I wanted to take my medicine early in the morning so the side effect would have worn off by the time I get to work, but last night, I remembered I have a meeting scheduled for this afternoon which was to last until 7PM (past my normal working hours). That meant I can go to work later than usual to offset the extra hours I would have to spend in the office for my meeting in the afternoon. I decided not to set my alarm so I can have a few extra hours of sleep.

When I got to work, I did the usual stuff. I turned on my PC, checked my mail, and started drafting a process document I was working on. Thirty minutes into my working day, I started to feel funny. I was literally falling asleep on my desk. I couldn’t hold my head up. I felt that I didn’t have the strength to. I tried resting for a while, thinking it was fatigue. I mean I get tired more easily these days. But nothing worked.

My boss wasn’t at his table at this time so I decided to wait for him and tell him I’m taking half the day off. It was another 30 minutes before I decided I can’t wait a few more hours to complete a half-day so I decided to tell my boss there and then and just forget I went to work that day.

I went to bed immediately when I got home. I was able to get a few minutes rest before my housekeeper had lunch ready. After eating, I decided to take another shower to cool off. That’s when I found out that I was bleeding again. Only a few drops actually but I remember that my doctor said that if bleeding occurs again, I will have to go on bed rest for a week.

I called my doctor to inform her. She advised me to go on bed rest for a week and to see her if bleeding continues.

I spent the afternoon in bed, reading a book MG bought about the 92nd Signal Battalion during WWII.

No comments: