Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tales of the Bored - Day 9

The Quest to become the most boring person within my zip code… in 32 days or less!

June 7, 2009 (Sunday)

I was looking through our compilation of old VCD’s, looking for something I haven’t seen in a while. I saw VCD’s of Anne Frank. I can’t remember ever having seen it so I decided to pop the first CD in the player. Plus, it had 3 CD’s… I figured that should occupy me for a while. I picked up my cross stitch project and continued working on it while I watched.
There was a note shown before the actual movie was played. Something like the movie did not use actual words that Anne used in her diary and was based more on interviews with sources. Anyway, I’m not sure I like that movie. The way they portrayed Anne Frank… she was annoying (only word I can think of). She shows no respect or love for her mother, was a bit self-centered, and was acting like a spoiled child while they were in hiding. I wonder how accurate that depiction was. I’ve read the book years ago and I don’t remember the general tone of her diary every being like that. Anyway, I never got to finish the movie. I was on the second CD when my husband joined me. He got bored after a few minutes so he ejected the CD and put in a new one.

No comments: