Friday, March 11, 2011

"Rocker Chic" Brooch and Random Thoughts

The other day while having lunch with my friends, we got to talking about retirement.

Yes, that's right... retirement. See my stepfather tried retiring a few months ago last year, a few months before he turned 60.... got so bored so he went out of retirement and back to his old job after a month. My friend's mom just recently retired as well and so far is faring well. I think she's in church with her church group most of the time.

So this got us thinking... what do people do when they retire? I'm in my early 30's and sometimes the thought sends me into panic. The thought of day in and day out with nothing to do. But then I started thinking hey, that will give me all the time to craft! But will I still be that interested in clothes and bags then? I guess we realized that retirement does take a lot of planning :-/ I hope by the time I retire, I have grandchildren to play with and to make clothes, bags and toys for.

Anyway... on to my project. I got the idea to make this when I worked on my chunky cuff bracelet. I tried to make a brooch/pin that looks something similar. I only have green and hot pink gems left on my stash so I used pink with black and gray pearls and a gray flower. The finished product looks a little "rocker chic" to me but I like it!


Ok this is my last post for this week. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: