Monday, March 7, 2011

Shirt Refashion - Navy Ruffles

I saw this sweater re-fashion from Tatertots and Jello last week and thought "Hmmm... I have a red shirt and a navy blue scarf... I think I might try this one." Unfortunately, no matter how many different ways I tried to ruffle the scarf diagonally on the shirt, I couldn't get it to look right... I don't know why. So I decided to play it safe with cutting up the scarf  (the sides of the scarf has something that looks like tribal/floral print, and the center has small white polka dots... sorry, I wasn't able to take a "before" photo) to make 2 layers of ruffles around the neckline and all the way down the front.

I finished off with small white plastic buttons along the center between the 2 lines of ruffles (CONFESSION: the buttons were an afterthought... I needed something to hide the uneven space between the 2 ruffle columns *wink*).

Happy Monday to all of you! :)

Participating in the following link parties:
CraftOManiac Monday at CraftOManiac | Motivate Me Monday at Keeping it Simple | Keep it Simple Sunday at The Tattered Tag | Sunday Scoop at I ♥ Naptime | Free for All at Young and Crafty | Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do | Weekend Wrap Party at Tatertots and Jello | Making Monday Marvelous at C.R.A.F.T | Market Yourself Monday at Sumo's Sweet Stuff | Made By You Monday at Skip to my Lou | Handmade Tuesdays at Ladybug Blessings | Get Your Craft On at Today's Creative Blog | Sew Cute Tuesday at Creative Itch | Take a Look Tuesday at Sugar Bee - Craft Edition | Show Me What Ya Got at Not JUST a Housewife | We Did It Wednesday at Sew Much Ado | Show and Tell at Blue Cricket Design  | Wednesday Link Party at Tea Rose Home | Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts | Sugar & Spice at Seven Thirty Three | Strut Your Stuff Thursday at Somewhat Simple | Weekend Wrap-up Party at Tatertots and Jello | It's Party Time at It's So Very Cheri |

4 comments:

the cape on the corner said...

wow, what a great and interesting combo! great job!

Charmaine said...

I really like this. It turned out great.

www.licklepickle.blogspot.com

chris said...

Great job! You look lovely, and I hope you enjoy it.

Unknown said...

Gotta love ruffles!! Thanks for sharing your fun & fasionable idea at my blog bash K.I.S.S.

Drop by The Tattered Tag