Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Surrounded - Part 2

Since last week, nothing much has changed:
  • I still don't have agate slices
  • I still don't know how to crochet
But my first attempt at making a Surrounded-inspired necklace didn't go very well. When I wore the necklace, I saw that the white glass bangle was overcome by the black rope and silver rope chain and you could hardly see it.
So I decided to try again.

Those rectangle pieces are made of some sort of shell set in resin. They were once part of a cuff (8 pieces held by elastic to form a cuff). I guess I must have found use for 4 of them before because there were only 4 of them in my stash.

It's not very visible in the photo but those rectangle pieces are actually pale peach in color. I used white rope to surround the pieces to make this bib necklace.

Here's a closer look?


I bought several colors of rope and I still have those 4 pendants I showed you in my previous post. So if I find time... more to come!

Oh by the way, we are having another guest here tomorrow for our weekly Creating Success Around the World blog hop.
 
I interviewed another talented lady from Asia and tomorrow, you will get to know her too so check back again. Hope to see you!

I am linking to the following parties:

6 comments:

PC said...

Very impressive...I wouldn't never figure it out how to surround the 3 rectangles without cutting the rope!Simply gorgeous!

Kei said...

That looks fantastic!

AsylumTanya said...

Wow! I'm glad that you kept trying! This is great! Thanks for sharing!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Absolutely stunning-- beautiful necklace.

Six Sisters said...

So gorgeous! We would love for you to come share this at our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday" link party! http://sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com/2011/07/strut-your-stuff-saturday-week-2.html

Love,
The Sisters @ sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com

Jami said...

Hey Janelle!
Thanks for linking up your great necklace at the Tuesday To Do Party last week! How neat!
I'm trying to get caught up after finally getting my commenting issues resolved!
Have a great week!
Smiles!
Jami
www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com