Thursday, September 1, 2011

Shoes Refashion - Part 2

Before you proceed, please check if you have complete control of your gag reflex. Because before I show you the next photo, I am going to ask you to please not gag.

...

Ok? ok? You promise?


...

Ok, here it is!


Too eeeew? I love it though :)


Red, soft and fluffy puffed hearts attached to my shoes using Velcro. My husband kept asking if I really plan to leave the house wearing it. I'm not so sure I can rock this look either... but I still find it cute. I just might. Bwahahaha!

I've seen some shoe designs around embellished with hearts too:
Kate Spade's Heart Pumps
Vivienne Westwood Anglomania + Melissa Lady Dragon IV
Hearts not for you? I started making pearl bows for my shoes but as of today, I was only able to finish one because I ran out of pearl beads.


I think these are going to be my favorite after I finish! To make your own pearl bow embellishments, you can check out the tutorial I posted before.

Check out my tutorial on how to create several different looks with one pair of shoes.

I am linking to the following parties:
Your Whims Wednesday at My Girlish Whims | Show and Tell at Blue Cricket Designs | We Did It Wednesday at Sew Much Ado | Hoo's Got Talent at Night Owl Crafting | Wicked Awesome Wednesday at Handy Man Crafty Woman | Link Party at Tea Rose Home | Sugar and Spice at Seven Thirty Three | Whatever Goes Wednesdat at Someday Crafts | Show and Share at Southern Lovely | Get Your Brag On at Gluesticks | Strut Your Stuff at Keeping it Simple | Creative Juice at Momnivore's Dilemma | It's a Party at The Creative Princess | Catch a Glimpse at A Glimpse Inside | Commercial Break Thursday at Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom | DIY Diva at Mine for the Making

5 comments:

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

These are so cute. I love the pearl bows too!

Id love for you to link up any of your lovely creations on my new diy fashion linky party called DIY Diva Thursdays :)

Kara
www.mineforthemaking.com

Karen said...

cute! I'm going to make some for my daughter on Valentine's Day! Unfortunately I'm already too old for this!

Diane Writes said...

Jannelle! Natawa ako sa sinabi ng hubby mo. Mga boys tlaga oh. Basta keri mo gowww lang :D But ako I prefer the more discrete pearls hehehe I love pearls kasi and I love the contrast of black and white.

I'm wondering why other companies are not venturing to your idea. Hindi naman sha too costly to do I assume. Sana may shoe manufacturer na ma-inspire sa creation mo. For the win un!

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Love the hearts, no gagging.

Love the bows turned the other way, though, so when I see your shoes, I see a right side up bow, not an upside down bow.

You're inspiring me, girl!

carla said...

I was brave and proceeded despite the gag warning (of course thinking, how bad could it be on a post about shoes?). So, actually I was very relieved that it was little heart pillowed shoes.

Very clever of you. I've wanted to do something similar with clips, but had never thought about velcro.