Friday, May 25, 2012

Timeless - QP Freebie

Time for another freebie!

I am participating in Coolscrapsdigital's QP Contest for May. For this month, we were given this kit by EMS Arts to use:

Steampunk kit by EMS Arts
I admit, I don't go for Steampunk styles very much. I do not get it and I do not know how to use it. But a couple of months back, I downloaded some pretty steampunk clusters from another designer that I found interesting. So when I received the invite from Addie of Coolscrapsdigital to participate in this month's QP Contest with the given kit, I decided to give it a try.

Here's what I came up with:


I like how it turned out, considering I ditched 3 almost complete layouts before I finally got to this point. At first glance, it doesn't look very "steampunk" huh? Unless you look closer and notice the gears and rusted elements. 

Oh and the photo... that's my mom as a teen-ager :)

And now for the freebie:


No comments: